Danny Lennox Bronson was born in 1949 and spent his formative years exploring the diverse landscape of his native Idaho. As a boy hiking the Sawtooth wilderness with his father he learned a deep reverence for the beauty and power of nature. After a successful career first in television and later in commercial photography he has returned to his first love, landscape and nature photography and re-connecting with the natural world he knew as a child.
His approach to the medium is one of a traditionalist who seeks to record not only the physical appearance of a place but also the true spirit that resides there. He uses traditional film techniques but also incorporates infrared technology to capture a deeper beauty. As Ansel Adams put it, “to photograph truthfully and effectively is to see beneath the surfaces and record the qualities of nature and humanity which live, or are latent, in all things.” Bronson’s images implicate the hidden qualities in the landscape by what is seen.
His photographs are presented as archival selenium toned silver gelatin prints in small editions to galleries and collectors.
Danny Lennox Bronson lives in Portland, Oregon.
- College of Idaho, BA, History
- Studied with Walter Heun, Director of the Leica School
- 2016 "Transformative North" Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, Portland, Oregon
- 2013 "Down To Earth" Artifact (group show) New York, New York
- 2012 "Down To Earth" Center of Photography and the Moving Image, New York, New York
- 2012 "Down To Earth" New Art Center, New York, New York
- 2010 "Expressions of Dance" Talisman Gallery, Portland, Oregon
- 2008 & 2010 "UnClad Art" juried shows, Gallery by the Bay, Stanwood, Washington
- 2009 "LaFemme" Talisman Gallery, Portland, Oregon
- 2008 selected landscapes for "Icons/Iconoclasts Show" Kingstad Gallery, Beaverton, Oregon
- 2007 Kingstad Gallery Invitational, Beaverton, Oregon
- 2006 Trinity Episcopal Cathedral "Artist Among Us" featured artist, Portland, Oregon
- 2005 "Suspended Animation" Minh Tran Dance Company, Talisman Gallery, Portland, Oregon
- 2003 "Infrared Landscape Show" Talisman Gallery, Portland Oregon
- 2003 "Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts" Blue Ribbon Award, Lake Oswego, Oregon
- PRIVATE COLLECTORS:
- Peter Marino, New York
- L. Zane Gill, Washington DC
- Beau Russo, New York
- Wolf Mertel, New York
- Michael & Dixie Manwaring, Portland, Oregon